We will have our regular membership meeting on Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 7:00 pm, at Fuddruckers in Bloomington, MN (roughly 494 and France). Note the NEW LOCATION!
The next regular meeting after this will be the first Thursday in August.
Start at Franconia Sculpture Park at 1:30. We will leave at 3:00 and proceed into Wisconsin and take Jim’s “inland river route” to Ellsworth, and Common Man Brewing for dinner, before returning to the Twin Cities on US 10. Please RSVP, as Common Man needs several days’ notice for a large group.
Some of us will gather at 11:30 at Jimmy John’s in Oak Park Heights for lunch before heading to Franconia.
If you have not been to Franconia, note: Bring a camera, and wear comfortable shoes. The place now covers 43 acres, with over 100 works of art.
Those present agreed that the terms for the Board will be as follows:
- President – 1 year, April 2017 to April 2018; and two years thereafter
- Treasurer – 1 year, April 2017 to April 2018; and two years thereafter
- Director – 1 year, April 2017 to April 2018; and two years thereafter
- Vice President – 2 years, April 2017 to April 2019
- Secretary – 2 years, April 2017 to April 2019
Nominations were duly accepted, and the slate for election in April is:
President – Greg Abbott
Vice President – Jack Sabba
Treasurer – Scott Benson
Secretary – James Hickstein
Director – Braedon Holt
We will have our regular membership meeting on Thursday April 6, 2017 at 7:00 pm, at Davanni’s Pizza in Edina, MN. Note the NEW TIME and LOCATION! This month is our annual Board of Directors election. Please be prepared to join or renew your membership at the meeting ($20) to be eligible to vote, or do it now: mnsaab.club
We will have our regular membership meeting on Thursday March 2, 2017 at 7:00 pm, at Davanni’s Pizza in Edina, MN. Note the NEW TIME and LOCATION!
By popular demand, we now publish a list of Saab service centers and suppliers in our area.
Club members are encouraged to submit recommendations. Log in (or Join) and you’ll see a link for submissions on that page.
Not everyone is on FaceBook of course, so we also now have a low-volume mailing list for those who prefer to get their MNSC announcements that way.
Go subscribe right now!
At our regular monthly meeting last night, we decided on a few changes:
- We have to find a new location. We will announce this before the next meeting.
- The next meeting will be on March 2, skipping February; and will be bimonthly from April onward.
The Board voted to adopt amended Bylaws.
Notable changes from 2008:
- Board of 5, up from 4 (4.01)
- Two-year terms, overlapping (5.01)
- Directors must pay dues (4.02)
- Anyone removed for cause is no longer eligible for membership (3.01, 3.05)
We will have our regular membership meeting on Thursday January 5, 2017 at 7:30 pm, at The Dover in St. Louis Park.
We’ll talk about the future direction of the Club, including ideas for events; nominations for our Board of Directors election in April.